Lynn Turner, Principal
Scott Astey, Assistant Principal
9198 Darrow Road
Twinsburg, OH 44087
Hours: Kindergarten and 1st 9:00 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
AM Preschool 9:05 a.m. - 11:35 a.m.
PM Preschool 1:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Wilcox Primary School is named for Aaron and Moses Wilcox. In 1823, the twins gave the town six acres of land for a public square and $20 for a school on the condition that the town be renamed in their honor. Wilcox currently houses all of the district’s preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students. The building was originally built in 1959 with an expansion in the early 1990’s that almost doubled the size.
Wilcox Primary School received the honor of being named the 2018 Hall of Fame School by the Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators (OAESA). Wilcox is also an Ohio Department of Education Purple Star School and the Wilcox preschool program has been designated as a 5-Star Step up to Quality (SUTQ) school every year since the recognition’s inception.
- Houses all district Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grades
- Operates an Integrated Preschool (IPP) for preschoolers with disabilities and typically developing peer models
- Supports a project-based Kindergarten Preparatory Program (KPP) for 4 year old students
- Provides Special Education services for identified children, including speech language, occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Maintains strong Parent-Teacher relationships
- Offers tuition-free all day, every day Kindergarten classes
- Provides transportation for all students
- Operates a full service media center with over 10,000 titles and leveled readers
- Provides computer instruction in classrooms with 1:1 Chromebooks
- Professional learning communities monitor assessments, interventions and enhancements for optimum student learning
- Provides targeted intervention through multi-tiered Systems and Supports (MTSS) for struggling students
- Provides Title I reading intervention for eligible students