Objectives of the Entry Year Program:
- Develop a working knowledge of the district's and school's vision and mission statements.
- Provide, via the mentor, in-classroom assistance in solving problems that typically confront new teachers.
- Continually develop and refine instructional and classroom management skills.
- Become familiar with resource personnel in the district and building (special education, media, secretarial, etc.)
- Stay current regarding the policies, regulations and operating procedures in the school.
- Maintain awareness of general and specific duties related to teaching/administrating (i.e. reports to parents, parent conferences).
- Develop a working knowledge of materials and facilities.
- Become knowledgeable about the students and community.
- Encourage participation in professional development opportunities and in professional organizations.
- Provide mentoring assistance based on the Resident Educator Program.
Please contact Jennifer Farthing for additional information regarding the mentoring program.