On Thursday, May 10th, Superintendent Kathi Powers presented the 2018 State of the Schools Address at the Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce Luncheon. This year’s Address was different from the ones delivered in previous years as this year’s State of the Schools Address included presentations by a number of teachers, administrators and students which highlighted the District’s very unique activities and programs.
Before guests arrived in the banquet hall, they had an opportunity to delight in the artwork on display which showcased our very talented Tigers, from Preschool – Grade 12. They also had a chance to see a Chromebook demonstration delivered by THS students Bridget Bremenour, Jenna Post & Sam Maurer. Upon entering the banquet hall, guests were treated to music by the Twinsburg High School Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Mr. Damon Conn and including Zoe Felber, Faith Geho, Dana Khoncarly, Rebecca Mold, Daryl Nana, Deepti Naruka and Kevin Onion. Bravo!
Highlights of this year’s State of the School Address included:
- District’s Purple Star Award Schools;
- Wilcox Primary School’s designation as a 2018 Hall of Fame School;
- Wilcox Primary School’s “Wilcox Coffee Crew” presented by Beth Wells, Lakeisha Blanchard & Chris Lipnos;
- Samuel Bissell Elementary School’s designation as a 2016 Blue Ribbon School;
- Samuel Bissell Elementary School’s “Monthly Themed Activities” presented by Tina Magyar & Nicole Mueller;
- George G. Dodge Intermediate School’s designation as a 2018 Ohio School to Watch & a 2018 National Forum School to Watch;
- George G. Dodge Intermediate School’s Doodle Club;
- George G. Dodge Intermediate School’s fourth grade students from Mrs. Brindley’s class presented all the exciting things happening in their classroom;
- RB Chamberlin Middle School’s Project Lead the Way presented by John Koutras;
- Twinsburg High School’s recent ranking in US News & World Reports;
- Twinsburg High School’s “The Academy at Twinsburg High School” presented by Norm Potter and THS students Katie Vasiliauskas & Nikhil Prasad;
- Twinsburg High School’s Chromebook Initiative presented by Beth Mariola and THS students Bridget Bremenour, Jenna Post & Sam Maurer; and
- Twinsburg High School students’ accomplishments in Athletics, Visual Arts, Vocal Music, Orchestra & Band
WOW! There is so much to be Tiger Proud about in the Twinsburg City School District! Congratulations to all of our special presenters…you did a tigerrific job, one and all! See the 2018 State of the Schools powerpoint and photos from the Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce luncheon below.