June 21, 2022
Dear Twinsburg Schools Family,
Happy first day of Summer! Although our students and many of our staff members are away on Summer Break, we continue to prepare for the coming school year.
I am sending this correspondence with news of several administrative resignations:
- Mrs. Monica Price served in the role of Special Education Consultant in our Department of Pupil Services since the 2016-2017 school year. Mrs. Price leaves us to begin a well-deserved retirement;
- Ms. Julianne Walker served in the role of Assistant Principal at George G. Dodge Intermediate School since the 2017-2018 school year except for the 2020-2021 school year when she served as the First Grade Assistant Principal at Samuel Bissell Elementary School. Ms. Walker is joining the staff at the Kenston Local School District where she has been appointed the Principal at Kenston Intermediate School beginning in August 2022;
- Mrs. Tajuana Hunnicutt served in the role of Director of Pupil Services since the 2020-2021 school year. Mrs. Hunnicutt is joining the staff at the Maple Heights City School District where she has been appointed the Director of Personnel effective August 1, 2022;
- Mr. Chad Welker served in the role as Business Manager since the 2014-2015 school year. Mr. Welker is joining the staff at the Ohio Schools Council as their new Director of Business Services effective August 1, 2022; and
- Mr. Marty Aho served in the role of Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer since 2002. Mr. Aho leaves us on July 31, 2022 after twenty (20) years of dedicated service to begin his retirement.
As you might imagine, we are in the midst of recruiting and interviewing the very best candidates to fill these vacated roles. We thank Mrs. Price, Ms. Walker, Mrs. Hunnicutt, Mr. Welker, and Mr. Aho for their dedication to our school family. I will continue to keep you posted as we move closer to the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year.
Kathi Powers, Superintendent