PROGRAM DESCRIPTION The Entry Year Program contains two "tiers" of entry year teachers: * Tier I will include those teachers new to the district who have yet to complete the Resident Program . * Tier II will include all teachers new to the district who have passed the Praxis III evaluation or who are not required to pass the evaluation. Teachers will discuss curriculum, share ideas, and maintain meaningful communication about how to improve, motivate and enhance student learning, as well as becoming an exemplary teacher in the Twinsburg City School District.
Objectives of the Entry Year Program:
- To develop a working knowledge of the vision and mission statements of the district and school
- To provide, via the mentor, in-classroom assistance in solving problems that typically confront new teachers.
- To continually develop and refine instructional and classroom management skills.
- To become familiar with resource personnel in the district and building (i.e. special education, media, secretarial, etc.)
- To be aware of the policies, regulations and operating procedures in the school.
- To be aware of general and specific duties related to teaching/administrating (i.e. reports to parents, parent conferences)
- To develop a working knowledge of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- To become knowledgeable about the students and community.
- To encourage participation in professional development opportunities and in professional organizations.
- To provide mentoring assistance based on the Residential Program.
Entry year and Mentor Teachers will participate in established weekly meetings and attend established district Mentor/Entry Year teacher meetings as scheduled.