On Thursday, May 30, 2013, Bissell Elementary School will be hosting an “End of the Year Picnic” from 12:00 noon until approximately 1:30 p.m.
You are invited to join us for this special picnic lunch. (Due to limited space, we are asking that no siblings attend. This will be a parent/Bissell student picnic lunch only.)
We offer the following special guidelines for the picnic:
1. Students and parents will each need a packed lunch and blanket for the picnic.
2 . Students are asked to wear the same color shirt that they wore on field day so they can be easily identified.
3. There is no parking on Glenwood Drive or any cul-de-sacs. If you choose to park on a side street, be reminded that you can only park on the side that does not have fire hydrants. If you live in the surrounding Bissell area, you may want to consider walking to this event or park at Glenwood Park.
4. Parents may sign out their child with the homeroom teacher at the end of the picnic at 1:30 p.m.
This has become a wonderful year-end tradition for our school. We hope that you will be able to join us this year!
Thank you and have a GREAT SUMMER!!
Generally, there is no parking on any City street at any time. Per the authority granted to me by the Codified Ordinances of the City of Twinsburg, for this special event, I am granting parking permission from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM on the following streets: Ridgewood Drive (north of Glenwood Drive only), Belfair Drive, Belmeadow Drive (from Glenwood Drive to Serene Court), and Sunview Drive (west of Oakwood Drive only). There is no parking allowed on Serene Court for this event due to a construction project. Parents who choose to park on City streets during these hours should adhere to the following rules:
1. Parking is allowed only on one side of the street - the side of the street that is opposite of the fire hydrants.
2. Vehicles must not block private driveways, park on tree lawns or park on sidewalks.
3. No parking is allowed within ten feet of a stop sign.
Vehicles that are not parked according to these rules are subject to ticketing and/or towing by the Twinsburg Police Department.
Chief of Police