The Board of Education is your elected representative body and is responsible to the residents of the Twinsburg City School District. The functions of the Board are:
- To serve as a policy-making body.
- To appoint a Superintendent of Schools to provide leadership to the administrative team working within the limits of Board policy and state statutes.
- To appoint a Treasurer.
- To consider, approve, or reject policies recommended by the Superintendent.
- To approve educational standards and goals.
- To approve the appointment of teachers and other staff members.
- To approve the annual budget for each fiscal year.
- To approve a master calendar annually.
- To evaluate the Superintendent and Treasurer on a regular and routine basis.
- To serve as the chief advisor to the Superintendent on community attitudes.
During the first meeting in January the Board organizes itself by electing officers, filling committee memberships and appointing members to act as delegates and liaisons to Ohio School Board functions and the Cuyahoga Valley Career Center.
STANDING BOARD COMMITTEES
Building & Grounds
Finance / Audit
Curriculum / Technology